New features in Amiga Forever 2016:
- New user interface with gorgeous high-DPI display features ("retina"/4K density and beyond, multi-monitor)
- Ability to merge Amiga and 8-bit CBM content in single player (if both Amiga Forever and C64 Forever are installed)
- PowerPC emulation support, including 1+ GB of RAM, PCI bridge, preset devices with native AmigaOS 4.1 FE driver support, and more
- A wealth of new content configuration and authoring features (right-click a title and select Edit)
- Enhanced Amiga serial port, MIDI and printer support
- New Amiga devices for storage, graphics, sound and networking
- New Shared folder to exchange data between different Amiga configurations and the host system
- New AmiKit, AROS, ROMs and more
New features in Amiga Forever 2014*:
- All Windows versions now come with a Windows Installer download (no need to burn or mount an ISO image to access the installer, or to wait for postal delivery).
- New Build Image feature (Tools menu of Plus Edition), to create personalized ISO images (burn to CD or DVD) and portable environments (e.g. to run from USB storage). This is similar to the "old" Amiga Forever media, except that the content can now be updated and customized.
- Support for third-party "RP-Image" templates, to generate bootable content, etc. Documentation is available.
- New Restore System Files feature (Tools menu) to reset shared components (Amiga ROM and OS files, system RP9s, etc.)
- New RP9 thumbnail provider for Windows is pure eye candy. This accompanies new and faster Open, Edit and Convert to RP9 commands accessible directly from File Explorer, to offer a better content experience outside the player.
- Set personal rating for any title (not just cataloged ones)
- New visual Screen Clip Editor, for easy adjustment of Amiga screen mode settings.
- WinFellow is now available as an additional RetroPlatform-enabled emulation plugin. You can click any compatible title and select "Play with/WinFellow", or select plugin priority and additional options in the Amiga Forever Emulation settings.
- Brand new Personal Paint 7.2 preinstalled in Workbench 3.X environment
- Updated AROS and other content.
- Enhanced RP9 Editor, with new media mount options and dozens of new features.
- Integration with social networks for "Now Playing" updates, manual posts and screenshot uploads
New features in Amiga Forever 2012*:
- RP9 Editor (create and edit any configuration, for playback on the local system or elsewhere)
- Improved player interface with access to RP9 extra content, enhanced image preview, multiple web links (including external content sites), audio files, etc.
- New playback window controls to configure and display the status of each input port
- Support for new systems, including AROS and Walker prototype
- New MIDI, fullscreen scaling, mouse and other settings in Tools/Options
- Player is now based on new, faster RetroPlatform 3.0 code base
- The Plus Edition ISO image is now a DVD instead of a CD
- The Premium Edition (now on 3 DVDs) features an exclusive Dave Haynie interview video both as standard DVD video and HD-quality Windows Media file
- The Gallery section features a new RJ Mical interview
New features in Amiga Forever 2011*:
- Multiple snapshots (saved states) per game
- Faster loading times (up to 10+ times faster than Amiga Forever 2010 on a system with 512 MB RAM)
- More than 100 usability improvements for a more refined and productive experience
- New user interface features to more easily swap disks, insert blank disks, grab screens, apply existing screenshots, etc.
- Enhanced integrated Workbench 1.3 and 3.X environments (new configuration settings, easy printing, etc.)
- New preset Amiga configurations, including CDTV and CD³² (seamlessly work with RP9 files, ISO/BIN/CUE images, and physical CD media)
- Extended RP9 format to support CD images (CDTV and CD³² content), embedded configuration tags and third-party editors
- Enhanced RetroPlatform Library (to recognize and configure games, etc.) with live updates
- Enhanced Export to Device functionality to save games to SD card, etc.
- Now Playing data for use by Skype, Messenger, Twitter and similar plugins
- New Gallery content
- New system ROMs (e.g. some versions that were unique to the Amiga 600 and Amiga 3000)
- Vastly improved, multithreaded content caching (no more "Building cache" or "Please wait" messages)
- Officially tested to comply with "Compatible with Windows 7" requirements, with full support for Windows Vista and Windows 7, both x86 and x64 (possibly still the first and only Windows software with custom-shaped glass-enabled skin)
Additional new and improved features that were already included in part in Amiga Forever 2009*:
- All included games and demoscene productions are now in RP9 format (uses less disk space and makes it very easy to add or remove files)
- RP9 Toolbox to scan for and import/export content
- Seamless, one-click integration of AmiKit and AmigaSYS add-ons lets you experience a broader variety of Amiga perspectives
- New system ROMs (e.g. 0.7 Kickstart required to run the software used by Andy Warhol in the 1985 Launch of Amiga demo, Amiga 1000, A590 and A4091 boot ROMs, etc.)
- Improved documentation and help (new Tip of The Day balloon, new documentation in Windows Help format)
- Emphasis on usability: interface and settings are improved, but remain consistent with the previous 2009 version and with C64 Forever (also see Tips for Upgraders)
- Content more than quadrupled (disk images are now compressed in the new RP9 format, and also used directly by the installer)
- New "Amiga Forever Game Pack I" (more than 50 games)
- More than 100 beautiful demoscene productions
- New Gallery items: original Tripos article, "top secret" Amiga-Atari documents, and much more
- New system HDFs: complete Amiga OS 1.3, 2.1 and 3.1 installations with only a minimum of add-ons (e.g. Y2K fixes, RTG update for 3.1), but otherwise identical to the original (including file attributes as intended by Commodore, which were lost in later distributions)
- New ADFs (1.3 Extras, complete 3.1 install set, etc.)
- Preinstalled WHDLoad "kickemu" support
- New KX Light, bootable from CD and with HD installation option (now featuring live updates) and extended hardware support
Additional details about the player for Windows, which was also greatly improved in the new 2009 version:
- Revolutionary new and intuitive player interface for Windows, for easy selection and playback of games and other content
- Professional skin design with familiar "media player" interface
- Buttons and other visual controls provide intuitive access to content and emulation features (pause, resume, disk change, reboot, joystick vs. keyboard selection, window size selection, full screen, Amiga screen capture, etc.)
- The new Amiga Forever player makes it possible to double-click or drag-and-drop downloaded disk images (e.g. RP9, ADF, ADZ, etc.) to play them, using heuristic content analysis to preset a suitable Amiga hardware configuration
- The player has built-in support for dual screens (can use secondary display for full-screen Amiga) and multiple emulation sessions
- Rather than closing an emulation session, it is possible to save its state, for example to resume a game at a later time (the session is up and running again in an instant)
- It is also possible to undo the changes from the last session and revert to a previous saved state
- Full undo of RP9, ADF, ADZ, HDF and HDZ disk writes (disk changes may be committed or discarded when exiting the emulation)
- Windowed mode visualizes games and demoscene productions as they were meant to be displayed, without large unused overscan areas
- Helpful visualization of additional details (Amiga mouse options, device status with green/red read/write LEDs, context-specific help tips, Tip of the Day balloons, etc.)
- Integrated video playback (requires MPEG-2 support by the operating system, otherwise the Amiga Forever videos can be read by any DVD player)
* May indicate Plus Edition and Premium Edition Features. The Express Edition and Value Edition are limited to configurations that use the 1.3 ROM, and include fewer games and demoscene productions out of the box. Gallery items and KX Light support are included only in the Plus and Premium Edition. Video content is included only in the Premium Edition.
Features describing the "player" refer to the Windows version. Amiga content is also usable on other platforms, with additional software (both included and available for download elsewhere).