All editions of Amiga Forever include everything you need to run different emulation engines, operating system versions, games and demoscene productions in simple one-click steps. The advanced RP9 Editor provides professional authoring features to create and edit configurations for playback on the local system or elsewhere.
The Value Edition is a compact download for Windows, and includes versions 1.2 and 1.3 of the Amiga operating system, which will run the majority (more than 70%) of classic Amiga games and applications. 50 games are included.
The Plus Edition includes a complete set of ROM and operating system versions (all from 0.7 to 3.X), a wider selection of preinstalled games and demoscene productions, a gallery of items of historical interest, and additional cross-platform content. More than 100 games are included.
Both the Value Edition and the Plus Edition open the doors to thousands of additional Amiga games and demoscene productions which are available for free download from software publishers and Amiga history sites alike. Furthermore, the Premium Edition bundles the Plus Edition content with additional video content on 3 DVDs.
Shared Content (All Editions)
Both the Value Edition and the other versions of Amiga Forever contain the following items:
- Revolutionary new player interface for a true one-click emulation experience
- Preinstalled Workbench 1.3 environment (for compatibility with older games and other software)
- Powerful JIT-enabled Amiga hardware emulation which also supports Amiga custom chips, RTG, SCSI, TCP/IP, AHI, up to 512 MB of Zorro III RAM, virtual memory, MIDI, native x86 code, etc. More...
- Preinstalled games, and support for downloaded games
- Preinstalled demoscene productions (plus the original "First Demos" by Amiga) and support for downloaded demos
- Support for thousands of downloadable Amiga games, demos and applications (with the new player, just double-click a downloaded disk image to open it)
- Support for new RP9 file format format, including RP9 Editor, RP9 Manager and RetroPlatform Library
- Amiga Narrator and Translator speech synthesis components (made available for distribution with the Amiga operating system for the first time since 1991, when Commodore-Amiga's licenses expired)
- Latest versions of WinUAE and WinFellow tested and supported by Cloanto (non-Windows versions included and/or available too)
- Amiga Files data sharing framework
- "Now Playing" updates and manual status posts to Facebook, Twitter, Skype and Windows Live Messenger
- Direct screenshot uploads to Facebook and Twitter
- Software Director for easy and privacy-conscious emulation news and updates
Additional Plus Edition Content
The Plus Edition of Amiga forever contains additional features which are not part of the Value Edition. These include:
- Workbench 3.X environment (for productivity, internet access, etc.)
- A multitude of carefully preinstalled quality Amiga applications, which include the AWeb browser (great for cross-browser testing), TCP/IP support tools, Personal Paint 7.1c (paint, animation and image processing software), special version of CacheCDFS CD file system, AmigaAMP media player, DirDiff (file synchronization and replication software), AmiToRTF (to convert texts from Amiga to Windows formats), MailBX (to convert Amiga mail archives to Microsoft Mail, Outlook Express and Exchange Server), drag-and-drop LhA, print spooler, Directory Opus 5.5 (courtesy of GPSoftware), TurboText (exclusive latest version with bug fixes), MUI (shareware version), KingCON, FreeWheel, PowerSnap, ToolManager, ReqTools, etc.
- Compatible with "Amiga OS 3.5"+ icons, NewIcons and MagicWB icons
- Compatible with popular Amiga OS add-ons like AmiKit and AmigaSYS
- New and fully licensed Picasso96 RTG software (not a shareware version), maps Amiga graphics requests directly to fast guest system calls and powerful low-level DirectX functions (Windows version of emulation)
- A collection of all Amiga ROM versions ever released (from 0.7 to 3.X), including A1000, A590/A2091 and A4091 boot ROMs, and extended CDTV and CD³² ROMs, accompanied by a similar selection of bootable Workbench disk images
- More than 100 games and more than 100 demoscene productions preinstalled for hours and hours of entertainment
- Seamless, one-click integration of AmiKit and AmigaSYS add-ons and AROS 68K
- Multimedia gallery of items of historical interest
- Preinstalled WHDLoad "kickemu" support
- KX Light environment, to optionally boot from DVD or install to hard disk (no Windows or other host OS required)
- Amiga Explorer software
Once installed on a Windows system, the Plus Edition includes the option of creating a DVD ISO image (via Build Image, in the Tools menu). The Plus Edition content is also included in the Premium Edition box.
Additional Premium Edition Content
The Premium Edition of Amiga forever contains the full Plus Edition content, plus more than five hours of "must-see" Amiga videos on 3 DVDs.
When purchasing the Premium Edition from the Amiga Forever Online Store you will also receive an instant license key and download link to the installer for Windows, so that you can start using the Amiga emulation and OS software without further delays, while the additional premium content is being shipped to you.
Like the amount of work that went into this project, some of the most important "features" of Amiga Forever are somewhat difficult to describe. They involve your feelings when you see the system booting from a slow floppy disk into a blue Workbench screen, and you suddenly seem to remember every word that appears on that Startup-Sequence window, and by listening to the emulated floppy drive sound you appear to be able to anticipate every disk head seek, as if it was a melody. And if you never experienced this before, then... welcome to the Amiga.
Even if you "were there" in those days, in the mid 1980s, you may be surprised to see and learn something new about events that made not only Amiga history, but computer history and culture. That is the goal of the Gallery and Videos sections (on the Plus Edition and Premium Edition), which include items of historical interest that were researched, digitized and restored with immense care and passion. Then just press a few buttons, and you are the one booting into the same Workbench 1.0 you just saw in a video, starting the Boing ball demo, or Juggler, or Robo-City, or listening to the Amiga's synthesized voice...
It is equally hard to describe the feeling of a "modern" Amiga system that just works as you would expect it to, with support for modern displays and hard drives, configuration-free internet access, a CD drive that does not require setting up drivers, devices and file systems, a mouse wheel that you could nowadays not do without, but which the original Amiga had never heard of, or a web browser preconfigured to use the same keyboard shortcuts as your PC, Mac or GNU/Linux system. With Amiga Forever, all of this attention to detail is just one mouse click away, as invisible as it is obviously ready to run.
Similarly, we believe that there is a certain magic involved when you see your familiar Amiga files appear on a Windows Explorer window by means of Amiga Explorer, or when you realize the technological contrast between the emulated CRT scan lines (an optional emulation feature) and the almost paper-thin LCD display you are now using to experience all of this again...