Have you ever wondered what Workbench 1.0 looked like, or how the most influential personal computing magazine of the 1980s introduced the Amiga to the world? Would you (or a colleague) be surprised if you saw your PC booting as an Amiga, instead of Windows?
The Plus Edition in brief:
- Includes all features mentioned on this site, except for the videos (which are on the 3 DVDs included with the Premium Edition)
- Includes Amiga Forever Game Pack I (more than 100 games)
- Delivered as an easy-to-use downloadable installer for Windows
- After installation on a Windows system, it is possible to create (via Build Image, in the Tools menu) a DVD ISO image which includes run-from-DVD, KX Light boot-from-DVD and other cross-platform content
The Plus Edition includes the following items which are not part of the Value Edition:
- More than 300 MB of preinstalled games and demoscene productions
- OS ROM file versions v. 0.7, 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.04, 2.05 (Workbench 2.1 uses the 2.0x ROMs), 3.1 and 3.X
- OS disk images (ADF files) v. 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 2.1 and 3.1
- Preinstalled Workbench 3.X environment, including dozens of award-winning software packages and other add-ons
- Amiga 1000, A590 and A4091 boot ROMs
- CDTV extended ROM (CDTV uses normal 1.3 boot ROM)
- CD³² ROM and extended ROM
- Amiga Forever Boot Floppy Disk image
Would you like to see the evolution of the Amiga Workbench from version 1.0 up to 3.X (in different styles, too), through all intermediate versions ever released? With Amiga Forever Plus Edition you can. The ROM and operating system files include all publicly released versions (except for those that were only meant to run only in combination with a specific piece of hardware which is not required in the hardware emulation, such as the A2024 monitor).
The CDTV and CD³² ROMs can be used to play CDTV and CD³² games, even booting directly from a game CD.
If you decide to burn the Plus Edition DVD, which you can do at any time, you can enjoy these additional features:
- Portable environment to run the Amiga emulation and OS from DVD or USB devices (on Windows systems)
- Ability to boot a PC from the Amiga Forever Plus Edition DVD (no operating system required, as per El Torito specification)
- Cross-platform components can be used on the most popular computing platforms (Mac OS, GNU/Linux, etc.)